June 1-26: Operation Can Wars to support the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission; the team with the most donations will win 2 tickets to see Billy Currington on July 22; to register a team, see the link on https://www.facebook.com/events/762733325353226/.
June 6: The God Man – Regal Edwards Grand Theater, 7 pm.
June 10: Free Car Wash – Fund Raiser for CrossPoint’s Wind River Mission Trip, 9 am to 3 pm at the church parking lot.
June 10: Yardwork and Maintenance Workday for the Shepherd’s Inn; 9:30 am to 12:30 pm, 437 Parkway Circle; bring shovels, rakes, pruners, etc.
June 10-11: Paul Family Band at all services of Watersprings Church (7 pm Saturday, 9 & 11 am Sunday); https://paulfamilyband.com/home.
June 10-11: Prophecy Weekend – Snake River Event Center (Shiloh Inn); 10 am to 2 pm Saturday and 11:00 am Sunday at OutWest’s morning service; special guest Ken Mikle of Olive Tree Ministries, free admission; https://outwestbible.church/event/prophecy-weekend/.
June 12: M-Group – A group for anyone interested in going on a foreign mission or who has gone on a foreign mission; a group for foreign mission-minded people; 6:15-8 pm; email JourneyWithMichelle@Outlook.com for location; the purpose and goal of M-group is to encourage, connect, provide resources and information, share, send and go.
June 14: Prayer Gathering for Southeast Idaho communities, churches and the Idaho Falls Look Up Tour; Christ Country Cowboy Church in Blackfoot, 7:00 to 8:30 pm.
June 15: Volunteer Interest Meeting for the Look Up Tour Booth at the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration; if you are interested in volunteering with the Look Up Tour booth at the Riverfest on July 4th come to the Look Up Office, 490 Memorial Drive, 6:30 pm to discuss details of the booth and sign up for a time slot, 8:30 am to midnight; if you can’t make the meeting but are interested call 208-497-0456 or email Idahofalls@lookuptour.org.
June 16: Country Swing Dance – Watersprings Church, food truck opens at 6:30, dancing 7 to 10 pm, free event but register at https://watersprings.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/1716806.
June 17: Car Wash and Food to raise money for Fuente De Restauracian, 170 Park Avenue, 9 am to 1:30 pm; https://www.facebook.com/events/800429064762477/.
Vacation Bible Schools & Summer Bible Camps – contact church offices for more details
- June 19-23: First Evangelical Lutheran Church, Full day camp will be held Monday through Thursday from 9 am to 3 pm. Friday is water day and will be from 9 am to 12 pm. This is for children entering 1st through 6th grades. Register at www.lutherheights.org
- June 19-23: The Bridge Church, 9 am to noon, grades 1-5
- June 25-29: Calvary Baptist Church, 5 to 7:30 pm, 4 years old to 5th grade; register at https://kideventpro.lifeway.com/myEvent/?id=66901
- June 25-30: Waterspring VBS Extreme 2023, 5-6 graders, day camp, for more information or to register got to https://watersprings.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/1693060 or contact Tiffany at firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 26-28: St. John Lutheran Church, 9 am to noon, ages going into kindergarten through finished 6th grade
- June 26-29: Falls Baptist Church, 9 am to noon, ages 4-11
- June 26-29: St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, 9 am to noon, ages 4 to 5th grade, for registration form link, costs and more information see https://www.facebook.com/events/758862315743261/.
- June 26-30: Christ Community Church, 6 to 9 pm, ages 4-12
- July 10-14: Hope Lutheran Church, 9 to 11:30 am, register at https://kideventpro.lifeway.com/myEvent/?id=66600
- July 30-Aug 4: Watersprings, two identical sessions, 9 to noon and 6 to 8 pm, ages 4 to entering 4th grade, https://watersprings.churchcenter.com/registrations/events.
June 29: Day of the Christian Martyr – https://www.persecution.com/martyr/.
June 30: Christmas Eve in June – 2nd Annual Haven Community Toy Drive; 6 to 9 pm, Waterfront at Snake River Landing; live music, local vendors, food trucks, for more information call Jolene at the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission, 307-267-6778 or Jackie at Roamer Transport, 208-89-9458 or see https://ifrescuemission.org/employee-calendar/christmas-eve-in-june/.
July 1: Eastern Idaho Regional Worship Night – Green Belt Band Shelter on Memorial Drive, starting at 1 pm, free hot dogs and burgers; also July 29, Aug 26 and Sept 30 at the same place.
July 2: Imani Milele Children’s Choir in Idaho Falls, https://www.imanimilele.com/choir
- St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, 10:30 am to noon, potluck following
- First Presbyterian Church, 7:00-8:30 pm.
Old Faithful Christian Ranch Summer Camps, registration open now; information and registration links at http://ofcr.org/home/index.php/camper/camper-information; cabin leaders and other staff are still needed for these camps, see http://www.ofcr.org/home/index.php/summer-staff.
- July 3-7: Sr. High Camp
- July 10-14: Jr. High Camp
- July 17-21: Middle School Camp
- July 24-28: Junior Camp
July 15: Sharing Hope in Crisis Seminar: Watersprings Church, 9 am to 3 pm; this seminar will help you know what to say and what not to say in talking to people who are grieving, and how to compassionately and appropriately share the love and hope of Jesus Christ with neighbors, co-workers, and friends in crisis. This training is also beneficial for counselors, first responders and church leaders who help others through life crises on a regular basis. Lunch will be provided. No cost for seminar, lunch or materials. For more information and registration, go to https://rrt.billygraham.org/training-opportunities/.
August 6: Watersprings Church in the Park, Freeman Park, 10 am to 1 pm; service, barbecue, baptism.
Saturday, September 23: Idaho Falls Look Up Tour KidzFest – 3:00 pm; Mountain America Center; a special Look Up Tour event tailored just for children, featuring bounce houses, face painting and games; the free program will include live music, an interactive video Gospel presentation called The Quest, and a short message of hope from Will Graham; https://lookuptour.org/idahofalls/events/kidzfest/.
Saturday, September 23: Idaho Falls Look Up Tour Student Night – Mountain America Center, 7:00 pm; https://lookuptour.org/idahofalls/events/student-night/.
Sunday, September 24: Idaho Falls Look Up Tour Family Event with Will Graham – 5 pm, Mountain America Center; https://lookuptour.org/idahofalls/events/family-event/.
311 Clothing – Free clothes to those in need, Rise Church, first Thursday of the month, 5 to 7 pm, and third Sunday, 3 to 5 pm; donations of clothes accepted, leave a voicemail at 208-261-2408 or email email@example.com.
Summer Opportunity to work at the Salvation Army’s Camp Kuratli in Oregon, positions available as Camp Nurse, Lifeguard, Counselors, Head Counselor, Service Crew, Breakday Supervisor, Service Crew Chief and Dining Hall Coordinator; see https://campkuratli.salvationarmy.org/ or contact Grant Hall, 503-794-3256, Grant.Hall@usw.salvationarmy.org.
Idaho Falls Rescue Mission Thrift Store closed as of May 31 until further notice.
Jesus in Idaho Falls – your contributions of Christian communication are welcome! Send us stories, statements, comments, and corrections!
- Idaho Falls church list & links: https://jesusinidahofalls.com/idaho-falls-religion/
- Book: https://barnescm2.wixsite.com/jiif
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1624759524469554
- 140 Years of Jesus in Idaho Falls: https://jiif140yrs.blogspot.com/2021/11/statements-1882-jesus-sent-48-year-old.html
- Other blogs: https://jiif140yrs.blogspot.com/.
Suggest you list the National Day of Prayer even though no one has yet committed to hosting an event for it. That may serve to stimulate some into action.
Date of First Christian Church listing is confusing. Is it on Thursday the 13th or on Friday the 14th?
My mistake – that entry should have been – Thursday, April 13: The Savior’s Story in Mime – First Christian Church, 12th & Woodruff, 7:00 pm.
I believe the Christian Servants luncheon at the City of Refuge has been canceled for July 5.
Suggest you mention that 31 October 2017 is Reformation Day, the 500th anniversary of Luther’s posting his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church door, sparking a challenge to church abuses and the start of the Reformation.
Suggest you list the National Day of Prayer for May 2018, even though no one has yet committed to hosting an event for it. That may serve to stimulate some into action. You might also list St. John Lutheran’s Ash Wednesday service tonight at 7pm. February 24th will be the Eastern Idaho Body of Christ Worship Night, hosted by New Destiny at 320 B St., beginning at 5pm, probably lasting until about 10pm. Worship teams from various churches; still time to sign up. On the evening of March 24 various churches will join together to celebrate the 5th anniversary of New Destiny Church, organized by Tim Rupp of River of Life Church.
Спасибо за информацию!!!!!
Vision 2020 is set for July 20, 2020 at Sandy Downs and is being planned through James Runcorn at Crosspoint Community Church. Set the date!!
Marriage Workshop at Fuente De Restauracion (170 Park Avenue); 11:00 am – 12:00 pm; The praying couple, friendship, and partnership of marriage. There will also be marriage workshops of various topics on May 1 and May 22.
I have yielded the Tues 7pm time slot at the Hub to a church group which needs it for music rehearsal. Eric O.