Ministry Luncheons – Every first Wednesday of the month for ministry leaders at the City of Refuge, noon to 1:00 pm
Idaho Falls Summer Food Service Program – Free meals are being offered throughout the summer for children at Kate Curley Park, 11:30 to 1 pm; https://www.facebook.com/newdaylutheran/.
Saturday, June 22: Eastern Idaho Regional Worship Night – 3:00 pm until sometime in the evening; at the amphitheater at Jensen’s Grove in Blackfoot; food, fellowship, and worship; free burgers and hotdogs; bring a blanket and shade umbrella; https://www.facebook.com/events/2771397086235356/. [Note change this month from the normal last Saturday of the month.]
Sunday, June 23: Pastor Installation – Pastor Patrick Jones will be installed at First Evangelical Lutheran Church during their morning service.
Friday, June 28: Falls Baptist Church Annual Car Show – 6:00 to 8:00 pm, BBQ brisket dinner, $8.00, https://www.facebook.com/events/594263427726478/
Friday, June 28: Night of Worship, 7:00 to 9:00 pm; at Grace Falls (between Pinecrest Event Center and Dollar Tree, just west of Fred Meyer); https://www.facebook.com/events/2348079625465352/.
Saturday, June 29: Ryan Stevenson Concert – Thunder Ridge High School Performing Arts Center, 4941 1st Street; 7:00 pm, tickets $25 if purchased by June 28th, $30 at the door, sponsored by the Idaho Falls Rescue Mission; all proceeds go toward ministering to the homeless, for tickets go to https://www.itickets.com/events/425066.html; for information see https://www.ryanstevensonmusic.com/.
Saturday, June 29: Family Fun Day -10:00 am to 2:00 pm; Freeman Park Band Shelter and Shelter #1, hosted by Watersprings Church; food, games, live DJ, photo booth, bounce houses, snow cones, obstacle course, raffle, face-painting, vendors; all are invited.
Sunday, June 30: Church in the Park – Kate Curley Park, 9th St. & Emerson, 10:30 am to 1:30 pm; hosted by River of Life, New Destiny Ministries COGIC, Eagle Rock Vineyard of Idaho Falls, Cornerstone Pentecostal Church, and Providence Downtown Church; lunch and fellowship after the morning worship service, bring a side dish and dessert to share, and a chair to sit on, all are invited;https://www.facebook.com/events/277984466440744/.
Sunday, June 30: Celebration Sunday – 10:00 am, Shiloh Foursquare Church; a celebration of the 30 years of ministry of Tony and Carol Ann Maupin at Shiloh; https://www.facebook.com/events/471877346900228/.
Sunday, June 30: Call2Fall – a nationwide prayer effort that takes place in churches and homes across America each year on a Sunday closest to Independence Day; this year’s prayer targets include Roosevelt’s D-Day Prayer, the darkness in Illinois (extreme abortion bill), and gay pride month, see https://bit.ly/2WjOwIE or http://www.call2fall.com/.
Sunday, July 7: Eddie B. Concert in the Park – 7:00 pm, Kate Curley Park, 9th St. & Emerson; hosted by Eagle Rock Vineyard; https://www.facebook.com/events/449039965920516/.
July 9: Cop Church – 7:30 pm, River of Life Church; come at 7 pm for coffee, snacks, and conversation; also on the same evening, 7:00-8:30 pm, Drive-by-Prayer, when you can stop by the church for coffee and a donut and have someone pray for your prayer request.
Thursday, July 25: Life Line Screenings – First Evangelical Lutheran Church, $149 for 5 health screenings, for more information, see https://www.lifelinescreening.com/community-circle/ or call 1-888-653-6441.
Saturday, August 3: Eastern Idaho Regional Worship – 3:00 pm, Jensen’s Grove Amphitheater in Blackfoot; call Lisha at 208-346-3221 to sign up your group or church to lead worship.
Saturday, August 31: Eastern Idaho Regional Worship – 3:00 pm, Greenbelt Stage near the Veterans Memorial, Idaho Falls Greenbelt; call Lisha at 208-346-3221 to sign up your group or church to lead worship.
Vacation Bible Schools and other summer activities for kids
- June 23-28, Calvary Baptist Church, The Incredible Race, Exploring God’s Love for the Nations, 6:00-8:30 pm, http://www.calvaryidahofalls.org/vbs/
- June 24-28, St. John Lutheran Church, God is our Refuge, kindergarten to 6th grade, 9:00 am to noon,https://www.stjohnministries.net/vbs-info-and-consent-form
- June 25-27, Berean Baptist Church, Operation Space – 6:00-8:30 pm each evening, for kids finishing 1st to 5thgrade; spots are limited and preregistration is required; https://www.eventbrite.com/e/operation-space-a-close-encounter-with-gods-word-tickets-61410033062
- July 8-12, Christ Community Church, 6:00 -8:00 pm, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeiAY_RhhfOJ1Odn4oqbxc75zRjUuysv0K_gwNzicBjwYnKWA/viewform
- July 9-12, Watersprings Extreme VBS, I Stand Firm, for kids entering 5th grade to 6th grade
- July 21-26 (PM) and July 22-26 (AM), Watersprings, Surfs Up – The Story of Noah, for kids 4 years to entering 4th grade, 6:00 to 8:30 pm or 9:00 am to noon;https://watersprings.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/257656
- July 22-26, Arts and Science Camp – St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, ages 4 to 5th grade, https://s3.amazonaws.com/media.cloversites.com/eb/eb8e326c-f4dc-45dd-b515-d796fe215fc3/documents/2019_Arts_and_Science_Camp_Registration_Form.pdf
- July 29-Aug 1, Trinity United Methodist Church – To Mars and Beyond
Old Faithful Christian Ranch Summer Camps:
- Senior High (grade 10-graduated senior), July 8-12, $185
- Junior High (grades 8th-9th), July 15-19, $165
- Middle School (grades 6th-7th), July 22-26, $175, preregister by June 22nd
- Junior Camp (grades 4th-5th), July 29-Aug 2, $175, preregister by June 29th
September 22-24: CONNECT Pastors Retreat – Sunday evening to Tuesday morning, Old Faithful Christian Ranch, a time to unwind, disengage and be refreshed in Christ with fellow brothers. This retreat is being organized by the East Idaho Pastors Coalition (EIPC).
Summer staff needed: Old Faithful Christian Ranch – cabin leaders, assistant cabin leaders, kitchen staff and other volunteers are needed; if interested call Brenda at 208-390-9840, email firstname.lastname@example.org or see http://www.ofcr.org/home/index.php/summer-staff.
2008 Dodge Ram for sale – Pastor Calvin Winslow is selling his 2008 ¾ ton heavy duty Dodge Ram 4WD pick-up truck; 140,200 miles, asking $15,000; see https://www.facebook.com/calvin.winslow/posts/10161683559490034.
Prayer meetings in Idaho Falls
- City of Refuge dining room, Tuesdays, noon to 1 pm
- Community Church of God in Christ, Fridays, 7:00 pm
- CrossPoint Community Church men’s prayer time, second Saturday of each month, 7:00 am
- First Presbyterian Church, Thursdays, 1:00-2:00 pm
- Shiloh Foursquare Church, second Wednesday of each month, 7:15 pm
- Watersprings Church, Saturdays, 6:00 pm, Fellowship Hall
Jesus in Idaho Falls book: https://barnescm2.wixsite.com/jiif