It has been a great two days of worship with my family, our church family (Christmas Eve Candlelight Service), and then with my wife’s family.
Tonight, as I read through the Christmas cards, I worship the Lord anew. Here are some sampling of the joy written in the cards which we have received:
- In the silence of snow, in the gentle glow of stars, in the beauty of Christmas . . . may you find peace and joy.
- May the hope and peace of the season fill your heart with the joy of Jesus!
- For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
- Love, Joy, Peace
- We have seen his star in the east and have come to worship him.
- Jesus is the perfect gift. May the true gift of Christmas ever dwell within your heart.
- This Christmas . . . let’s give a little Jesus, a thoughtful word or deed, an act of generosity for someone who’s in need. Lets’ give a little Jesus to everyone we meet–the salesclerk or the server, the person on the street. Let’s give a little Jesus, that’s what really counts–not what’s spent or bought, for whom, in what amounts. Let’s give a little Jesus to everyone, large or small . . . for Jesus, the Messiah, is the greatest Gift of all! Sending you a little Jesus and a lot of love this Christmas!
- “Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.” Thinking of you in this joyful, holy season, and wishing you a life made beautiful through the blessing of His love.
- May God grant you a joyful and meaningful Christmas and a new year full of His richest blessings.
- Jesus. Savior. I AM. Everlasting Light. Counselor. Son of God. Anointed One. Alpha and Omega. Bread and Life. Prince of Peace. Praise God for the gift of Jesus–who was . . . and is . . . and is to come!
- Jesus. The Christ. Emmanuel. God with us. Son of Mary. Son of God. The Messiah. Man of Sorrows. Dayspring from on high. The Light of the Word. Embracer of Children. Compassionate Healer. Footwasher. Companion of Sinners. Friend. Liberator. Reconciler. Giver of Life. Prince of Peace. The Good Shepherd. Good Teacher. The Door. The Way, the Truth and the Life. Alpha and Omega. First and Last. The Resurrection and the Life. Lamb of God. The triumphant, risen Savior. Lord of lords. All that Jesus is, He is for you. Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Now that Christmastime is here, it’s good to have this chance to say I couldn’t wish for a nicer Mom and Dad than you. Have a wonderful Christmas Day
- Dear Dad and Mom, I wish you a happy Christmas. I don’t need all the gifts and treats to be happy on Christmas. All I need is you, God, and a joyful spirit! I love you.
And the music of these past two several days . . . wow: my family carolling with others, listening to my girls sing solos and duets, listening to my nieces playing their violins, and even listening to KBYI broadcasting out of Rexburg so many traditional Christian songs and new songs like “Breath of Heaven” (this song was sung in our church this past Sunday).
Merry Christmas to you all.