Questions for Hebrews 4
- Let us do what in verse 1?
- What did those in the O.T. have preached to them?
- And what did they have missing as they heard?
- Does God like to repeat Himself? What does God want made so clear that He repeats it three times (3:11; 4:3; 4:5)?
- What is the remedy that He repeats three times (3:7-8, 15; 4:7)?
- List all the characteristics of the word of God.
- What are we before God (v. 13)?
- What is a good summary statement for verses 1-13?
- How many times did you observe “let us” in chapter 4? What are they?
- What is a summary statement for verses 14-16?
- Why does the author of Hebrews focus on the word, “Today”?
- Why is Joshua brought into the picture (v. 8)?
- What is a Sabbath rest (v. 9)? Will we work in heaven?
- List the descriptions of the high priest in Hebrews 4:14-15. Who meets this description?
- Why should we pray?
- Could God say this: “Some of you sitting in these church pews will not enter into my rest!”
- That statement should provoke what kind of responses in any assembly?
- Which of your weaknesses can Jesus sympathize with you?
- How does he give you victory in your specific temptations?
- Are you experiencing Hebrews 4:16 in your prayer life?