Questions for Hebrews 5
- What did the high priest in the O.T. do? How does Heb. 7:27, 8:3f; 9:9; and 10:11 shed light on this?
- Who is Aaron?
- Who put Aaron in the position of high priest (v. 4)?
- What if someone else in the O.T. tried to be high priest like Aaron?
- Who is Melchizedek?
- Where would one glimpse Jesus in “loud crying and tears”?
- How did Jesus become the “source of eternal salvation”?
- What is the summary of verses 1-10?
- What are the spiritual concerns that the author has for his Hebrew readers?
- Provide for me a summary statement of verses 11-14.
- What does it mean “Jesus learned obedience”?
- How does that differ from us?
- If Jesus is already sinless and perfect, what does it mean for the Son in “having been made perfect” (v. 9)
- Could an Aaronic high priest become a Melchizedek high priest?
- Why or why not?
- Are you a mature believer or still a baby?
- If you are still a babe, what will it take to get you off the milk and on to the solid food?
- Why do some Christians stay as babies?
- What sources are available to you for eating solid food?
- Where and to whom can you be a teacher?