ACTION STEPS FROM THIS PAST SUNDAY MORNING IN THE WORD (I Corinthians 5:6-13)
1. Listen to another pastor/elder, Rick Brown, in town teaching on I Corinthians 5. Notice how he applies the chapter to a believer, publicly intoxicated among his fellowship, here in Idaho Falls. http://www.calvaryif.org/1st-corinthians
2. How have you thought of becoming more and more who you already are, “unleavened” in Christ Jesus? [Remember, it is not that you become moral, in order to be accepted in the body of Christ. Christ, the Passover Lamb, has already been sacrificed, doing all the work for you.]
3. What leaven is God calling you to purge from your heart?
4. Have you tried to isolate yourself from notoriously sinful and unbelieving people in Idaho Falls? Is that scriptural? What if a well-known public sinner asks you over for dinner?
5. To what extent are you not associating with a “brother” or “sister” who remains blatantly unrepentant in their sinful lifestyle?
PREPARATION FOR THE WORD THIS SUNDAY (Luke 1)
1. Which verse(s) in Luke 1 unveils all three members of the Trinity?
2. What is the Greek word for maidservant (1:48)? (Hint: this is John MacArthur’s biblical word of emphasis in his latest book.)
3. What people groups are contrasted in the song of Mary?
4. How many attributes of God can you detect in Mary’s song?
5. How is Christmas a fulfillment of covenant (look at Zacharias’ prophecy)?
6. What descriptions/titles does Zacharias share concerning Jesus?