Beau has recently finished his undergrad degree with Moody Bible Institute. Congratulations Beau! This weekend, they will be moving to Southern California, where Beau will begin his studies for the Master of Divinity degree at Talbot Theological Seminary. Our prayers are with them.
[Jews at Berea] they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily (Acts 17:11)
Welcome to B.B.C.! Through a careful study of God’s Word, we desire for this church to be place where people find Christ, learn Christ, love Christ, and live Christ. May the Lord bless you today.
Sunday School – 9:30 am: Classes for (1) 4s & 5s; (2) 1st – 3rd, (3) 4th-6th; (4) junior high – high school; (5) adult class with Dallas Marcott – The Holiness of God (R.C. Sproul curriculum) (6) adult class with Mike Ghiglia and Paul Whittington – “Strategies in Evangelism”
Main Service – 11:00 am: instrumental and singing prelude, reading of Psalm 150, announcements, prayer, congregational singing (“Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne”, “Good Christian Men, Rejoice”, “Go Tell It on the Mountain”, “Angels We Have Heard on High”, “O Come, All Ye Faithful”, and “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel”), scripture reading (Malachi 4:8-10), offering, song – As Long As You are Glorified, presentation of the new church directories and taking prayer requests from the church family, special prayer for Beau & Kimberly Floyd, conclusion with the Lord’s Table.
Theme Verse for 2012
He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)
This week’s memory verse
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things (I Corinthians 13:4-7)
This week’s Bible reading
- (1/1) Gen. 1:1-2:25, Ps. 1:1-6, Prov. 1:1-7, Matt. 1:1-25
- (1/2) Gen. 3:1-4:26, Ps. 2:1-6, Prov. 1:8-9, Matt. 2:1-23
- (1/3) Gen. 5:1-6:22, Ps. 2:7-12, Prov. 1:10-19, Matt. 3:1-17
- (1/4) Gen. 7:1-8:22, Ps. 3:1-4, Prov. 1:20-22, Matt. 4:1-25
- (1/5) Gen. 9:1-10:32, Ps. 3:5-8, Prov. 1:23-27, Matt. 5:1-26
- (1/6) Gen. 11:1-12:20, Ps. 4:1-3, Prov. 1:28-33, Matt. 5:27-48
- (1/7) Gen. 13:1-14:24, Ps. 4:4-8, Prov. 2:1-5, Matt. 6:1-18
This week’s discipleship and outreach
- Monday, 7:00 am – men’s study in Zechariah at Bella Vita
- Tuesday, 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm – men’s prayer meeting, downtown at the City of Refuge
- Tuesday, 6:30 pm – evening boy scouts & cub scouts
- Wednesday, 1:00 pm – senior ladies’ study in Galatians (Kenney’s home)
- Wednesday, 6:30 pm – Bible study at the church building
- Wednesday, 6:30 pm – Patch the Pirate Club (kindergarten & elementary children)
- Thursday, 6:30 am – Prayer meeting at the church building
- Saturday, 7:00 am – Men’s Fellowship Breakfast
- January 8 – Start up of Adult Sunday School Classes, afternoon ministry outreach at the Bonneville County Jail
- January 20 – B.B.C. Ladies Winter Dinner
- January 22 – Quarterly Potluck & Church Family Session (approving financial budget & leadership team for 2012)
- January 27-28 – Prayer Advance for Christ’s Kingdom in our city
- January 29 – 17th Anniversary of Berean Baptist Church
“Always the Word” – The desire of the Bereans in Idaho: let the written word run and be glorified so that all might gaze upon the living Word and be healed.