- “So He destroyed all living things which were on the face of the ground” (Gen. 7:23). Yes the Creator can do that. It behoves the creature to not rebel. It’s pure folly. (Sidenote: What do you think about the new Ark Encounter? Sidenote 2: What is your stance on the opening chapters of Genesis and evolution? Reading scripture, it is easy for me to reject macro evolution and not accept Paul Wallace’s recent rebuke to those he labels scientifically illiterate.)
- “Nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done” (Gen. 8:21). A question came up yesterday in an afternoon home Bible study, “Will God destroy the earth again?” Answer: Yes, but not by a flood.
- “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ (Matt. 4:4). Jesus fought the devil with the written Word. Go and do likewise. You carry the Word that slays dragons in 2012. By the way, I do like the title of my friend, Dr. Bob Gonzales’ blog, It Is Written.
- When Jesus calls you, what should be your response? Answer: “They immediately left their nets and followed Him” (Matt. 4:20). It is not, “O let me think about it.” The King’s command is not a matter of debate.
- The theme for our monthly Saturday men’s breakfast fellowships in 2012 is “Courage”. The psalmist says today: “I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around” (Ps. 3:6). There is only One whom you need fear. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
- It is not what you have. It is not what you do. It is what you are. What is your character? People of the Kingdom have this character: poor in spirit, mourn, meek, hunger and thirst of righteousness, merciful, pure in heart, peacemakers, and persecuted for righteousness’ sake (Matt. 5:3-10).
- “For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven” (Matt. 5:20) Throw that into your community discussions today in Idaho Falls. How will you discover people interpreting these piercing words by the Lord Jesus Christ?
~Scripture references taken from The NKJV Daily Bible (Thomas Nelson, 2004).