I listened to Mitt Romney live today at Skyline High. I am glad I went. Mitt sought to rally us all around the Creator. And I appreciate his highlighting this beautiful description of God. But when it comes to Southeastern Idaho culture, let me express my disagreement with the community push of Mormonism as another Christian denomination alongside of what I believe. Though the year is 2012, we still have some pretty deep disagreements over what are the foundational stones for Christianity.
Quickly, consider at least 5 tonight . . .
1. Latter-day Saint – God does not create out of nothing.
a saint living in the latter days (that’s me) – God did and does create out of nothing.
2. Latter-day Saint – God and man are the same species.
a saint living in the latter days – There is God. And I am not. And I never will be of the same species.
3. Latter-day Saint – God and Jesus are not equal.
a saint living in the latter days – God and Jesus are equal.
4. Latter-day Saint – You work to attain celestial glory
a saint living in the latter days – You work because you have celestial glory
5. Latter-day Saint – A modern day prophet can correct or add to the Bible.
a saint living in the latter days – The Bible tells us everything we need to know now about the perfect Prophet.
These first 5 are pretty significant discussion points, don’t you think?