Look at the front page of Life, section D, in USA Today (Thursday, August 7, 2008).
There you see her.
I started thinking about her writings last year in August.
Then I read her first book. Her vampire hero does not like Protestant ministers or their God.
So what do I say?
I guess it pays in America to write about young ladies falling in love with godlike males, becoming godlike, living an eternal marriage, and having godlike babies.
USA Today’s Best-Selling Books
- Breaking Dawn – Stephenie Meyer
- The Last Lecture– Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow
- Twilight – Stephenie Meyer
- New Moon – Stephenie Meyer
- Eclipse – Stephenie Meyer
- The Shack – William P. Young
- Playing for Pizza– John Grisham
- Turbulent Sea– Christine Feehan
- Left to Die – Lisa Jackson
- The Manning Brides– Debbie Macomber
I will look through Stephenie’s last book, Breaking Dawn, concluding this particular saga. The newspaper reports, “An estimated 1.3 million copies were sold the first day.”