Questions on Hebrews 3
- Who is Jesus contrasted with in verses 1-6?
- List everything you discover in these verses in how they are contrasted.
- Where do you find the O.T. context for the house and servant being referenced?
- What is the O.T. passage that chapter 3 directly quotes?
- Who is speaking in verse 7? What do you find significant about that?
- What was the “day of trial” in verse 8?
- What phrases in chapter 3 are repeated for emphasis?
- How many persuasive rhetorical questions conclude the chapter?
- Is unbelief synonymous with disobedience?
- How would you summarize the chapter?
- Use a Greek study tool to explore “confession” (3:1, 4:14, 10:23). What insights did you discover?
- Can someone fall away from their confession of Jesus Christ?
- Define the house. Who is the house?
- Who built the house?
- Why is the Greek word, hupostaseos, translated “nature” in Hebrews 1:3 and “assurance” in Hebrews 3:14?
- Do you find that your heart is becoming hard to spiritual truths?
- Are you in danger of losing your testimony?
- What needs to take place to ensure that you don’t?
- How can you help others?
- How often should you help them?