Questions for Hebrews 9
- What was in the ark of the covenant?
- What is the Greek word for mercy seat? Where else in the Bible do we see this word?
- How often does the high priest enter into the “second” (the Holy of Holies)?
- The high priest offers gifts and sacrifices for what kind of sins?
- Do these gifts and offerings make the sinner perfect in conscience?
- Where in the Old Testament do we see the blood and ashes being sprinkled?
- How is verse 14 Trinitarian?
- Without shedding of blood, there is no what?
- Is Jesus coming a second time?
- How would you summarize chapter 9?
- How do you translate thymiaterion in verse 4, altar of incense or censer?
- What is the Greek word for “symbol” in verse 9? How does that shed light on the priesthood service?
- What is the human conscience? (v. 9)
- What is the “a time of reformation”? (v. 10)
- What is a mediator? (v. 15)
- Do you have a clear conscience?
- What have you been freed to do?
- Can you sing the precious hymn, “Nothing But the Blood of Jesus”?
- Are you eagerly awaiting the return of your great High Priest?
- What can you add to the sacrifice of Christ?