Questions for Hebrews 12
- Locate the “therefore” words in chapter 12 and list the central commands connected with each one.
- What is the key word in the first paragraph (vv. 1-13)?
- What is Jesus for us in verse 2?
- Why did Jesus endure the cross?
- What is your status if you receive no discipline in your life?
- Why does God discipline us?
- No one will see the Lord unless they have what?
- What can defile many?
- In verse 22, Mount Zion is contrasted with what?
- What is the theme of the chapter?
- What is “the sin” (singular) in verse 1?
- What does this mean, “You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin;”
- Why could Esau find no place for repentance?
- What is the “church of the first-born who are enrolled in heaven”?
- What attributes of God do you see in “a consuming fire”?
- In a practical way, how do you fix your eyes on Jesus?
- If we pattern our lives after Christ, what enables us to endure?
- What is the continual key in not becoming weary?
- When was the last time that you were disciplined?
- If you see others discouraged, how can you help them?
- Will America be included in the shaking of God? And in the shaking what will be left?