11/11/11 – It’s a new look. Let me provide a little direction for you readers in following this blog over the next year.
1. First, I and a friend, Charles Barnes, are at the ground floor stages for the researching and the writing of a new book, entitled something like this, Jesus in Idaho Falls. (And who knows, this could be the first book of a trilogy, Jesus in Southeastern Idaho and Jesus in the I-15 Corridor. But first things first.) Hence, this is the reason for the blog theme look.
On the subject of Jesus in Idaho Falls, we are playing around with chapter subjects:
- In the beginning was the Word: the Creator
- Go ye into all the world: the appearance of the first missionaries
- The Indian, the white man, and Taylor’s Crossing
- The arrival of Rebecca Mitchell and civilization
- Early settlement and Christian organization
- Atomic Power and Spiritual Power
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and other Restorationists
- Jesus, His mother, and the Holy Roman Catholic Church
- Mainline denominational establishments: their history and traditions
- Christian parachurch ministries
- The evangelical churches in the City of destiny
- What is the future will of Jesus Christ for this town?
2. But you will also continue to see posts related to these topics:
- Weekly windows into the worship and outreach at Berean Baptist
- Musings on Bible reading and prayer and short exhortations, exploring heart issues
- Sporadic announcements concerning teachings and events from other churches in Idaho Falls
- Missional intersection with our contemporary LDS culture