[Jews at Berea] they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily (Acts 17:11)
Welcome to B.B.C.! Through a careful study of God’s Word, we desire for this church to be place where people find Christ, learn Christ, love Christ, and live Christ. May the Lord bless you today.
Sunday School – 9:30 am: Classes for (1) 4s & 5s; (2) 1st – 3rd, (3) 4th-6th; (4) junior high – high school; (5) adult class with Todd Wood – “Principles of Christian Growth”; (6) adult class with Paul Whittington – “Strategies in Evangelism”
Main Service – 10:45 am: announcements, prayer (time of confession and thanks), singing (“Count Your Blessings”, “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing”, “O Worship the King”, “Thank You, Jesus”, and “Thank You, Lord”), scripture reading (Malachi 3:1-6), offering, guitar solo, and then a duet.
Concerning the evaluation of signs and wonders movements:
- There are periods of cessation.
- The believer must evaluate spiritual movements in terms of Scripture (Deut. 13:1-3, I John 4:1)
- The believer must examine fruit. Has there been profit (I Cor. 12:7)? Edification (I Cor. 14:26)? Has the activity built up the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:12)?
- What does the Lord require of the believer? (Micah 6:8, Hebrews 11:6, I John 5:3)
- The ability to have genuine miraculous power is not a sure sign of spirituality or proof of God’s approval in one’s life.
Message Text: I Corinthians 12:12-26 – “The Body. The One Body. Church Body Dynamics.”
- There is one Body
- We all drink into one Spirit
- No member should consider himself or herself superior or inferior
- The members should get to know one another well enough for the proper care, in both suffering and rejoicing. We bestow great honor to one of our members, Duane in the above picture.
Quote for musing:
As united to Christ in his incarnate reality the Church constitutes the sanctified community within which we may draw near to the Father through the Son and in the Spirit and share in the eternal life, light and love of God himself. That was surely the primary truth embedded in the mind and worship of the Catholic Church in the fourth century, and was rightly given precedence over all questions of external form, organization and structure. It was as they believed, the empirical Church that had been incorporated into Christ as his body, then the real structure of the Church as lodged in Christ himself, and had to be lived out in space and time through the union and communion with the risen, exalted and advent Lord whose kingdom will have no end. – Torrance
This week’s memory verse
The integrity of the upright will guide them, but the perversity of the unfaithful will destroy them. – Proverbs 11:3
This week’s Bible reading
- (11/13) Ez. 27:1-28:26, Heb. 11:17-31, Ps. 111:1-10, Prov. 27:15-16
- (11/14) Ez. 29:1-30:26, Heb. 11:32-12:13, Ps. 112:1-10, Prov. 27:17
- (11/15) Ez. 31:1-32:32, Heb. 12:14-29, Ps. 113:1-114:8, Prov. 27:18-20
- (11/16) Ez. 33:1-34:31, Heb. 13:1-25, Ps. 115:1-18, Prov. 27:21-22
- (11/17) Ez. 35:1-36:38, James 1:1-18, Ps. 116:1-19, Prov. 27:23-27
- (11/18) Ez. 37:1-38:23, James 1:19-2:17, Ps. 117:1-2, Prov. 28:1
- (11/19) Ez. 39:1-40:27, James 2:18-3:18, Ps. 118:1-18, Prov. 28:2
This week’s discipleship and outreach
- Sunday, this afternoon, 2:00 pm – ministry at the Bonneville County Jail
- Monday, 7:00 am – men’s study in Zechariah at Bella Vita
- Tuesday, 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm – men’s prayer meeting, downtown at the City of Refuge
- Tuesday evening boy scouts & cub scouts
- Wednesday, 1:00 pm – senior ladies’ study in Galatians (Kenney’s home)
- Wednesday, 6:30 pm – inductive study in Malachi at the church building
- Wednesday, 6:30 pm – Patch the Pirate Club (kindergarten & elementary children)
- Thursday, 6:30 am – Prayer meeting at the church building
- Thursday, 6:30 pm – Rock youth group
- Saturday, 7:00 am – November deacons’ meeting
- Saturday, 11:00 am – Keepers at Home girls’ club
- November 20 – Thanksgiving Worship and Potluck
- November 21 – Scout Pack Meeting
- November 30 – Missionary speaker, Mike Flannery
“Always the Word” – The desire of the Bereans in Idaho: let the written word run and be glorified so that all might gaze upon the living Word and be healed.